Their major crops consist of corn, beans, apples, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, sharproot, pumpkins and oranges and the major amount of the population are horse breeders, fishermen and farmers. Many outsiders see the residents as 'hicks' who lack culture and sophistication.
Most of the buildings along the high street are built from adobe, although a few of the older buildings that overlook the business district are made of brick.
In the village can be found:
- Seafront, where the Mayor lives.
- A cemetery
- A saloon called The Traveller's Rest
- The Sheriff's Office and jail located at the top of Hill Street
- Green Heart, the towns grand garden pavilion where Reaptide Festival is celebrated, located on Hill Street.
- A Post Office
- A Gathering Hall located on Hill Street
- High Street Farmers Market
The Gathering Hall houses a gas-fired refrigerator and stove and share its architecture with the Post Office and Sheriff's Office. The village has five oil powered generators, however they cannot runs off the oil from Citgo as it is too thick and tarry.
Hambry was once loyal to the Affiliation however lately their once lucrative fishing trade has decreased and support from the Affiliation has decreased as Farson gained power. It is this that led to Kimba Rimer taking power and began the slow change of the wealthy landowners into supporting Farson.